Thursday, October 6, 2011

Remembering Mommy



Today is the anniversary of my mother's passing. It's 19 years today. This is always a sad day for me until I remember that I am a Christian and I will be seeing her again! Do you have a loved one that has passed and you don't have a recording of their voice? It only dawned on me the other day that I can't really remember her voice. I'm sure that if she were to call me (that would be the most fabulous blessing ever) I know I would know her voice. The sad truth is that I can't imagine it in my head. Please, make recordings of your voice for your loved ones! That will surely help to keep your memory alive!



3 comments:

  1. Hi Marilyn,
    Your Mother was beautiful. I'm so sorry that you haven't had her with you all these years. My Mother passed last year and I can't tell you how many times I've picked up the phone to call her! And yes, I think that's a great idea to record our voices. I sure wish we would have done that with my Mom's and Dad's voices.
    And I, like you, believe that we WILL see them again! We must rejoice in this.
    Blessings and hugs to you,
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sonya!

    So nice to hear from you again! It is so hard when you lose a parent. For me especially my mother because I hardly knew my father. It took me many years before getting over feeling like I had lost a limb or something! I know that you know that God ALWAYS turns something bad into something good and because of my mother's death, I became a born again believer and God truly touched me. He gave me peace in knowing that she was not lost to me forever but only the short time I have left here on earth. It truly gets me through the times I need comforting in losing my best friend.

    God bless you! Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twice since my mom passed, I've had a dream where I heard her voice, clear as day and so real. I still treasure those dreams!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'd love to hear from you! Have a blessed day!!