Wednesday, October 12, 2011

History of Piedmont & the Campbell Mansion

This picture was taken about 2006 before we bought it. It has suffered since due to too many  'band-aid' repairs. It needs a complete overhaul which is our intention.

Do you know anything about this house in Piedmont? I would love to hear stories about a prior owner of my house, known locally as the Campbell mansion, if you have one to tell! Do you know any family members of the owners? Do you have any vintage pictures of this house?

Have you some information or a story about Piedmont's history when it was a thriving place to go? Pictures of Piedmont in the past, a funny story, any history of stores that are long gone?

Please shoot me an email, just click on the vintage typewriter on the right side of this page! Your stories are welcome, I'm looking for stories or information for this blog about Piedmont!



This is the sign you see when you enter the east end of Piedmont. No offense to whoever was responsible but it needs to be spruced up a bit. I would love to!


Ripley's Believe It Or Not once pointed out that the Kenny House hill in Piedmont, WV was the only street in the world that you could enter all three stories of the same building!

Just a peek at Piedmont! Let me hear from you!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marilyn, you posted a question on my blog the other day, but I can't figure out a way to email you! I figured this will work out just fine. The oil rubbed bronze spray paint I used on our bed frame is working out fabulously well. It still looks amazing 8 months later. I have to say that using the spray primer beforehand makes a big difference. I highly recommend using it. Good luck on your project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Nancy, I'm big into primer as well! If you want durability, prime!! Thanks again! Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'd love to hear from you! Have a blessed day!!