Wednesday, January 5, 2011

One of my favorite things to do....recovering lampshades!!

I want to show you some lampshades that I have covered. I started recovering them about four years ago and I love to do them! It a great thing to do while watching TV, like crocheting or knitting as most of it is done by hand (at least by me, store bought shades are mostly glued). I do use some hot glue but that will be maybe attaching the trims, the shade fronts and linings are all done by hand and I find it enjoyable to do. NOTE: Unless you wear a thimble, keep plenty of Bandaids and Tide bleach stick available as those needles do stick you especially when something is exciting on the tube and it draws your attention instead of the needle! Actually, using a thimble makes it easier to push the needle when needed but I don't like them.

Here are some pictures of my lampshades. I always coordinate the shades with the fabrics and colors in that particular room. I have never been one to have shades or anything else for that matter that is 'neutral' so it can go anywhere. First of all, I hate don't care for beige! I loved the time when gray finally was the 'new beige'. Gray, I like. I also like colors that have a gray tone to them, I think those shades are soothing. I LOVE COLOR!! So.... here are the shades: (Later you'll see the whole rooms that they are in.)


The one above is in my sewing room along with a couple more identical in fabric etc, just different shapes. I love the Mary Rose fabric!



The shades above and below are in the laundry room.

 




The three shades above are all in the blue bedroom on the third floor which was the original servant's quarters. There are four good sized bedrooms up there and a large center room and strangely enough a sink and toilet in the middle of the room. I guess servants didn't need much privacy! ;) We are going to do some moving things around and make a full bath up there for guests.


This is one of two identical shades that are going to go in the green bedroom that we are working on right now. Our winter project.




The three shades above are in the turret bedroom, it is adorable! Everyone loves the turret room! Great angles, lots of windows and way up high!!

I'm going to post a tutorial on covering a lampshade shortly...so 'keep tuned'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'd love to hear from you! Have a blessed day!!