Saturday, January 1, 2011

Let me introduce myself.....

                First, this photo just might have been taken a few years ago, ya think???


My name is Marilyn and for me it was 'love at first sight'. I speaking of my house. My husband didn't share my immediate enthusiasm. But then he didn't care as long as I was happy. (Gotta love him, he's up for anything I want to do!) His first thoughts as we approached the house for the first time was 'Boy, I wouldn't want to have to drive up that hill in the snow!' I had already seen it with a friend and even though it was 100 miles from home, I had been sent some pictures by the real estate agent and I just had to 'go and take a look'. I had only found the house online because it had been listed to be in the town we lived in and I had not seen it before and was curious where it was. We wanted to move one more time and I wanted another turn of the century Victorian. Well, it wasn't in our town, it was 100 miles from it and in a place I had never heard of! Long story short, here we are, almost four years later.

My dear hubby was willing to make the daily commute but as much as I was in awe of this house, I told him that I wouldn't do it and wouldn't expect him to. He insisted it wasn't that big of a deal, we took the plunge and bought it, while trying to still sell the one we were in. Then the economy took a dive for the worse, as we are all very aware of. 

That house we weren't able to sell? We still own it, it's rented now.

That commute my hubby was willing to make? Didn't have to, he got let go because the company was closing that office due to the failing economy.

We are in our dream house still, doing what we can with little reserves anymore. It is only by the Grace of God that we have survived.  John did get another job for a year or so but the same thing happened due to the building industry suffering. A dream so close and yet so far but God is God and we are still here and He is on a daily basis putting things in our path, things to decorate the house with, to restore what we can (lots of sweat equity) and money to pay our bills. We truly believe with all our hearts that He has a plan for us and that we were brought by Him to Piedmont.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'd love to hear from you! Have a blessed day!!